Self-service Photography and Scanning
Self-service photography of some material is permitted in the Wolfson Reading Room. A self-service scanner is also available.
If you would like to take photographs of collection items during your visit, please speak to a member of invigilating staff who will provide you with the relevant documentation.
Please note, some material may not be photographed:
- Lothian Health Services Archive
- Edinburgh University Press publications
- University of Edinburgh theses
- Items covered by the Data Protection Act
- Iconic collection items
The Wolfson Reading Room has a book scanner which readers are welcome to use, subject to terms and conditions. The scanner allows you to save images to a USB stick as pdf files. Please speak to a member of invigilating staff for guidance.
- The scanner requires a USB stick
- Certain items may not be scanned - CRC staff will advise
- Readers may not bring their own scanners to use