The Centre for Research Collections (CRC) provides access to the University of Edinburgh’s cultural and heritage collections.
The CRC is the only place in the UK where researchers can access material from across collection types, from medieval manuscripts to contemporary art. This unique combination of collections make the CRC an invaluable resource for teaching within the University, and attracts researchers from around the world.
What We Do
- Access to collections material for all readers
- Enquiries service for in-person and remote researchers
- Expert collections care across disciplines, including acquisitions, cataloguing, conservation
- Participation in public engagement events, including Doors Open Day and Festival of Museums
- Academic engagement through formal teaching, seminar facilities and student induction events
- Digital Imaging of collections and digitisation
- Training and support through a programme of volunteering, work placements and internships
- Support academic research through collections-based teaching and seminar facilities
- Undertake major collaborative projects
- Provide support for unique cultural heritage collections across the University outwith the CRC
- Licensing of collection images
- Manage the CRC’s website and social media outputs
The CRC is part of Library and University Collections, a division within Information Services. Full CRC staff details can therefore be found on the Library & University Collections webpages.