You can access your course on a mobile device using the new consolidated Blackboard Learn App
Looking for Help with Learn?
From the beginning of the 23/24 academic year, all new courses will be delivered using an updated Learn interface. In order to ensure that users can access support materials for current and previous year courses we have kept old support materials on Edweb pages and created a new Sharepoint Learn site full of useful resources for the new interface.
For Learn resources for current courses, please visit the Learn Sharepoint (University of Edinburgh users only).
Here you can access the most up-to-date information such as:
- Good practice guidance
- Training and support resources
- How to guides
To access support material for older courses please use the pages below as usual.
A new version of the Blackboard Learn App, with an improved responsive web design and equipped with new features, is now available. Both students and staff will be able to download and use the Blackboard App, providing them with the same experience on mobile as with a web browser.
The new app combines what were formally student and instructor applications into one version.
The app is available on Android and iOS, and can be downloaded from the links below. Students using the current Blackboard app should simply update, and staff should download the app and remove the previous Blackboard Instructor app from their devices.
- Access to courses enrolled on as a student
- Ability to download certain content and view offline
- View and complete some assignments
- Complete tests and quizzes in mobile friendly format
- Take part in discussions
- Activity Stream containing notifications and updates from your courses
- Setup push notifications to be alerted about course activity
- Review Due Dates
- Access a mobile friendly view of marks across your courses