Self Enrol Courses
Learn offers the ability for some courses to be setup to allow any user of Learn to self-enrol onto the course as a student. These courses are ideal for self-directed optional courses, as well as training materials that are suitable for the entire University of Edinburgh community.
Some courses may be optional and made available to the wider University. It is possible to create a course that can be signed up to by any student or member of staff who has access to Learn.
When you enrol into a self-enrol course you are given the student role and it is possible for Instructors on this course to see who is a participant in the course. Self-enrol courses do not use a feed in EUCLID and need to be setup manually. Typically these courses are used for general interest, self directed personal development, or skills and training courses.
If you would like to find out more about a self-enrol course you can contact the IS Helpline
Enrolling on a self-enrol course
Staff may wish to use these instructions for their own handbooks or web pages to pass on to students:
- Log into Learn
- Click on the “Self-Enrol” tab at the top right of your screen.
- Click on the arrow beside the course you wish to enrol onto, and select 'Enrol' or Click the Browse Course Catalogue button and a search window will appear.
- Enter the name of the course you wish to enrol onto in the search box and click Go
- Hover your mouse pointer to the right of the Course ID, click the arrow and select Enrol.
- You will then be taken to a new page. To complete your enrolment on this course select Submit.
- You will then see a confirmation message to say your enrolment was successful.
- Click OK and you will be taken to the course.
The course will now appear in your My Courses under the 'My Learn' tab every time you login to Learn.
You can search the list of courses using the search box above if necessary.