University of Edinburgh CMALT Scheme
Information Services Group (ISG) offer a bursary to fund and support learning technologists to become Certified Members of the Association for Learning Technology (CMALT).
The University of Edinburgh is committed to supporting professional development and in the Learning Teaching and Web division we are proud to announce a new university wide scheme for the continuing professional development of staff working with learning technology. This is by becoming Certified Members of the Association for Learning Technology (CMALT)
Established in 1993, The Association for Learning Technology is the UK's leading membership organisation in the learning technology field. Undertaking CMALT is a great Professional Development opportunity:
- Create a portfolio to document and reflect on your work - showing that you keep pace with technology and are using it effectively.
- CMALT is certified by peers and once certified you can become a CMALT assessor.
- You can maintain certification through submitting a portfolio review every three years.
- CMALT is recognised, across sectors including Further Education, Higher Education and research. It is frequently a desirable criterion for advertised posts. You can add “CMALT” as post-nominal letters to your professional record or CV.
University of Edinburgh staff working in or with learning technology in schools, colleges and Information Services can apply for a bursary to join our applicants group and become CMALT accredited. To achieve CMALT you submit a portfolio describing and reflecting on your work and linking to relevant evidence. To achieve CMALT you submit a portfolio describing and reflecting on your work and linking to relevant evidence.
We will be supporting the group of applicants to complete CMALT by:
- paying applicant fees
- regular meetings of the CMALT applicants group
- mentoring and support as you put together your portfolio
- organising half-day writing retreats
CMALT should take around 6 months to complete but we will offer support for 10 months. Once registed for CMALT your portfolio must be submitted within 2 years.
In 2016/17 and we had 23 CMALT applicants registered for the group and a further 11 people have registerd for 2017/18.
If you want to find out more contact: Susan Greig
Apply to join the 2018/18 cohort
Fill in the CMALT cohort application form to apply to join the CMALT cohort in 2018/19, this should include a supporting statement from your line manager.
Email the application to Susan Greig copying in your line manager before 5pm on Friday 29th of June 2018 - you will receive a decision about your participation in the cohort after Friday the 13th of July 18.
To get updates about the scheme
If you want to get updates about this please join the elearning@ed mailing list
To join the list, go to https://mlist.is.ed.ac.uk/lists/info/elearningforum and click the Subscribe link.
To withdraw from the list, go to https://mlist.is.ed.ac.uk/lists/info/elearningforum and click the Unsubscribe link.