Open Educational Resources
Online resources that are available under an open licence, free for others to reuse and remix in their learning and teaching.
The OER service underpins the University of Edinburgh OER policy, providing support for, and encouraging the use of, OERs in learning and teaching practice.
- OER workshops and training sessions, focussing on:
- helping staff and students make informed decisions about open licencing options;
- how to find and share openly licenced learning and teaching materials;
- advice on using appropriate platforms for sharing.
- A dedicated Open.Ed website providing information on, and support for, OER at the University. The website includes:
- a calendar of OER workshops and events across the campus and beyond;
- good practice and self-help guidance;
- OER news and information.
- examples of a range of OERs produced by colleagues within the University;
- blog posts and opinion pieces from some of our prominent open practitioners.
- Dedicated and tailored advice for individuals, courses and research projects planning to use or create OERs.
Get in touch
Follow us on Twitter: @OpenEdEdinburgh.
Subscribe to the Open-UoE mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org .
For help and support please: