Using Blackboard Collaborate in Learn
Find out how to use the Virtual Classroom (Blackboard Collaborate) for digital teaching and group work.
With the University moving to hybrid teaching we are recommending a core set of tools, one of which is Blackboard Collaborate (https://www.ed.ac.uk/teaching-continuity). Collaborate is the University’s virtual classroom / meeting platform, and the supported tool of choice for synchronous classroom sessions. In this session you will find out how to:
- Requirements for using Collaborate
- Set up Collaborate within Blackboard Learn
- Giving students access to Collaborate through Learn
- How to record a session, upload slides, and manage students
- Tips for running a session
- The session will last for 1 hour, 30 minute Demo and 30 minutes set aside for Q&A.
These digitally-run sessions are running once a week on a Tuesday. Use the link below to book on your preferred session:
Frequently Asked Questions