Recording and streaming lectures: Media Hopper Replay
You may want to record (asynchronous) or stream ( synchronous) lectures for your students . Find out more about how to do it using Media Hopper Replay.
Why use this tool?
Media Hopper Replay is a lecture recording and streaming service. It integrates with the Learn VLE.
What do you need?
A computer and an internet connection.
Media Hopper Replay can be used to live stream/record from a Replay enabled room or you can stream/record from anywhere. If you are streaming or recording from your own computer and not a Replay enabled room, you'll need a microphone and/or webcam.
How do I access this tool?
This tool is integrated with Learn and you can add existing content to your Blackboard Learn course easily.
What can I do with this tool?
With Media Hopper Replay you can:
- Create lecture recordings.
- Live stream lectures to large numbers of people.
- Access, edit and update any previous lecture recordings you have made.
- Create automated captions for your content.
All recordings in Media Hopper Create are stored in a space specifically for your course. If you use the Learn Foundations template, you will find the videos in the 'Course Materials' area of the course, under 'Lecture Recordings'.
Help and guidance
- If you would like to stream your teaching activities from a Replay enabled room then you can enable streaming from The Replay Scheduler. If your activities are not scheduled through The Replay Scheduler then you can always launch an Ad Hoc session from within the room.
- The Universal Capture application also allows you to record and stream from home, or anywhere you like.
- Staff help for using Media Hopper Replay - information about using the service as a member of staff, including how to manage your content and reuse previously recorded lectures.
- We have produced a series of Quick Reference Cards (QRCs) to help you understand the system. This also includes information about the engagement features available within Media Hopper Replay (such as addition of activities or quiz questions).
- Learning technology training and help resources - a comprehensive list of guidance and workbooks covering our learning technology tools.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.