The eLearning@ed forum actively seeks to support the community of eLearning professionals and practitioners within the University of Edinburgh.
Learning technology and eLearning have an increasingly central role in all of the teaching and learning activities of the University. Growing numbers of staff have some responsibility for aspects of eLearning as part of their teaching or support roles. The eLearning@ed forum seeks to support those members of staff by providing ways of sharing experience and good practice. We do this in a number of ways:
- the eLearning@ed wiki space;
- the (low-volume) mailing list;
- organising events (workshops, informal tasters, seminars, and conferences) either directly or in collaboration with other groups in the University.
- representation on the University's Learning Technology Advisory Group and other ad-hoc groups as appropriate.
- consulting forum members and commenting on initiatives, policy development, strategic planning where appropriate.
The wiki is the community’s online meeting and workspace open to all staff at the University of Edinburgh who want to find out more about "technology-enhanced learning" (in all its many forms) and in sharing expertise and experiences. The wiki includes information about who elearning@ed are, what they do, and upcoming events and activities.
eLearning@ed spans a huge range of roles across schools and support units and is open to anyone interested in the group and it’s events. All are welcome become more involved by suggesting activities, organising events etc.