Rather than to attend to discrete changes, an ABC workshop is designed to support the redesign of a whole course.
Who needs to attend the workshop
- ABC facilitators.
- Academics responsible for the course.
- Learning technologist (may be the facilitator).
- (Optional) Course Secretary/support staff.
- (Optional) Academic Liaison Librarian.
What is entailed
The course team (see above) engage in an intense 2-hour guided design session. To help with this, you should bring with you:
- Course Learning Outcomes.
- (Optional) Programme Learning Outcomes.
- (Optional) recent feedback from students and, if possible, industry links, alumni, professional bodies etc.
How to request an ABC workshop
Workshops are organised at a School level.
If you would like to find out more about how this is done in your School, and possibly to arrange a workshop for the redesign of your course, please contact your local Learning Technologist for details, telling them about your existing course, what changes you are looking to make, and any deadlines you have.
How to run an ABC workshop
We offer a regular workshop, ABC: Rapid Learning Design, which will show you not only how to run an ABC workshop online, but also give you all the resources to build the online environment. These can be booked via Events in MyEd.
ABC workshop resources
For more information about Learning Design development at the University of Edinburgh, please contact the Learning Design team, we are based in Learning, Teaching and Web Services Directorate, Information Services.