Session Preparation & Checklist
Please read the advice and follow the BB Help links to ensure you are familiar with Blackboard Collaborate's functionality and tools before a Collaborate session.
This page should be visited one week prior to attending or hosting a Collaborate session.
Required Equipment and Software:
To join a Collaborate session you will need the following
- Internet Access (broadband connection highly recommended)
- Soundcard with microphone and headphones (A headset with microphone/headphones is highly recommended)
- Webcam (optional)
- For the best experience, use Google Chrome or Firefox. Please note Internet Explorer 11 is not supported and other browsers may have limited functionality. Check Browser Support for Collaborate configurations in different browsers.
Participants and Moderators can join the session via Blackboard or Blackboard Instructor Mobile App.
The link below is a Collaborate Ultra Test Room. You can test to see if you’re able to enter a Collaborate Ultra session before your actual session.
- Test your browser and connection
- Test the setup for your camera and microphone (you will not be able to hear voice playback but will see a purple bar move up and down)
Additionally, please go through the checklist which is particular to your role within the Collaborate session:
As a Moderator send out the relevant checklist to session attendees: You will need to edit the "Example: Instructions for Participants" Documentation before sending this to attendees/participants to your session.
Sample Etiquette Slides
Below is a sample set of PowerPoint etiquette slides for downloading. They can be edited using PowerPoint and loaded into any Collaborate Session. This is a good way to outline how the session will be run.