Session Preparation & Checklist
Please read the advice and follow the BB Help links to ensure you are familiar with Blackboard Collaborate's functionality and tools before a Collaborate session.
This page should be visited one week prior to attending or hosting a Collaborate session.
Required Equipment and Software:
To join a Collaborate session you will need the following
- Internet Access (broadband connection highly recommended)
- Soundcard with microphone and headphones (A headset with microphone/headphones is highly recommended)
- Webcam (optional)
- For the best experience, use Google Chrome or Firefox : Browser Support
Participants and Moderators can join the session via Blackboard or Blackboard Instructor Mobile App.
The link below is a Collaborate Ultra Test Room. You can test to see if you’re able to enter a Collaborate Ultra session before your actual session.
- Test your browser and connection
- Test the setup for your camera and microphone (you will not be able to hear voice playback but will see a purple bar move up and down)
Additionally, please go through the checklist which is particular to your role within the Collaborate session:
As a Moderator send out the relevant checklist to session attendees: You will need to edit the "Example: Instructions for Participants" Documentation before sending this to attendees/participants to your session.
Sample Etiquette Slides
Below is a sample set of PowerPoint etiquette slides for downloading. They can be edited using PowerPoint and loaded into any Collaborate Session. This is a good way to outline how the session will be run.