Help and Support
Help and Support for Blackboard Collaborate. There is information on training sessions and sign up for Collaborate alerts mailing list.
If you are experiencing issues please first take a look at our support webpages
Blackboard help is a great source of infomation about Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Blackboard is the company that own Collaborate Ultra. Their help webpages are kept up to date. Below are a few quick links to information about Blackboard Collaborate Ultra from getting you started to more in depth details.
Digital Skills team run scheduled "Introduction to Collaborate Ultra" training workshops. These can be booked via the MyEd Event Booking Channel, or the link below:
Book a Collaborate Training session
If you would like a private Collaborate training session for you and your colleagues contact the IS Skills team to discuss this at:
The materials from the training sessions are available here:
Collaborate-alerts mailing list
If you use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, we recommend that you join our low volume mailing list for alerts and news about the Blackboard Collaborate service.
If you require further assistance:
If you have problems during a session which you can't resolve please contact us and we will investigate these for you.
Within Collaborate there is a "Report an Issue" option which can be accessed via the Session Menu in the top left of the session window or via the Collaborate Panel in the bottom right - at the very bottom of the settings tab. This issue report doesn't come directly to us but does provide useful information and we would ask that you use this and copy the information into your call to the IS Helpline.
The recommended way to use this option is as follows:
- Click on "Open Session menu" by clicking on the button in the upper left hand corner of their screen
- Click on "Report an Issue"
- In "Report an Issue", enter what your issue is.
- Copy and paste out the entire report (Click on the report text box, Select All, Copy and Paste), and keep this text to send to IS Helpline.
- Also, copy and paste the Auto-generated report, which is at the bottom of the screen and starts with **Session Info**.
- Click Submit once the report is copied and pasted out. You will see the Event Identifier in Red Text, we need this code to contact Blackboard support and so gain access to additional logging, so it should be copied and pasted out and included when you contact IS Helpline.
- Send all this information to the IS Helpline.