Blogging tool summary
A description of the key features of our available blogging platforms.
Before you consult our comparative matrix, we might be able to point you in the right direction:
I want a blog for learning and teaching
- If you need a highly structured blog or an assessment workflow which allows originality checking, PebblePad is the best option for you.
- If you need a very simple blog, private to you and the student, the blogging tools built into the VLE are your best choice.
- If you need a highly customisable blog that may include multi-media, blogs.ed.ac.uk is the best choice.
If you aren’t sure, see the more detailed info in our matrix, or get in touch for a chat.
I want a blog for my research project
- If you do not require a personal domain name and/or have a limited budget, the best option for you is a free blog on blogs.ed.ac.uk .
- If you do need something highly tailored for your project consult our matrix.
- If you require your own website, get in touch with us to explore your options.
I want a blog to support my own academic / professional development with a public facing blog
- Blogs.ed.ac.uk is the best option for you.
- If you are a student and wish to improve your digital skills, Domain of One's Own is your best choice [coming soon].
Remember that you can also link this into your EdWeb profile. Find out more about Edweb profiles here.
I want a blog to complement my College, School, department or unit website or to support a community
- Blogs.ed.ac.uk is the best choice for you.
- If you require bespoke development or are not sure where to look, please get in touch with our team via the IS Helpline.
Please remember to not use this blogging platform to publish news about your department/community: we do not aim to replace the main Edinburgh University Website.