Frequently-asked questions on the University WiFi service, eduroam, available across all campuses.
When connecting to WiFi at the University, please make sure to connect to the secured wi-fi network, eduroam.
- Setting up WiFi access on your device (phone, tablet or laptop)
- Guest WiFi access at the University
- ResNet WiFi and wired access in Halls of Residence
Eligibility for WiFi services
- University of Edinburgh staff/students: using eduroam at other institutions
- Visitors to the University of Edinburgh: using eduroam here
- Alumni access to University WiFi service
- Non-University members access to WiFi service
Technical assistance with the WiFi service
- About eduroam
- Weak or unavailable WiFi service? - Please report it to the IS Helpline
- WiFi access points - List of points per building / area
- WiFi access points - Requesting installation
- University WiFi root certificate - How to install it on your device