How we can help
Issues we can and cannot help with at IT Support Desk sessions.
What we can help with
- Advice on hardware faults and repairs
- Backing up and restoring data
- Diagnosing and fixing errors on devices
- Difficulties accessing Uni services, e.g. Learn, eJournals, wi-fi, etc.
- General system maintenance, tune-ups, and software updates
- Running anti-virus scans and removing infections
- Setting up services such as email, VPN, remote connections, etc.
- Software installation
What we cannot or would not need to help with
- Hardware issues which require opening devices
- In-depth advice on non-standard operating systems
- Issues with home internet
- Reinstallation or fixing issues with software for which we do not have the original media
- SPSS software downloading & installation - This is now handled via the SPSS Codes Request Form