IT and computing help

Access to buildings using my card

All University cards are pre-accredited to permit access to the libraries, and you must request access for other areas.

Door access

If you require access to a School building, please contact the School administrative team for that building in the first instance:

List of Schools

Default areas

All student cards are pre-accredited for 'after-hours' entry to computing labs which have access controlled doors, currently:

  • KB Centre
  • Hugh Robson Building (lower ground floor Open Access Lab) in George Square
  • Geography department in High School Yards

By default, staff and visitor cards are not pre-accredited with access to any area other than the Main Library and other 'open access' areas.

Forgotten PIN

Some card readers incorporate a numeric keypad, and may require a PIN to be entered. If you have forgotten this, please see: