How to use QuickStatements
Importing data in bulk using QuickStatements - a tool that can edit data on Wikidata with a simple set of commands.
How to mass import data into Wikidata using the QuickStatements tool
QuickStatements is a tool that can edit data on Wikidata with a simple set of commands. It is useful when you want to make edits to several items at once and is much faster than going through and manually editing the data.
NB: you can only mass import data if your account on Wikidata is four days old and you have done at least 50 edits.
For some really useful guidance see the QuickStatements help page.
A video from Dr Sara Thomas, Scotland Programme Coordinator, Wikimedia UK, on how to use QuickStatements.
- Video: How to use QuickStatements - a tool to bulk upload data onto Wikidata.
- A video tutorial on how to use QuickStatements to bulk upload data onto Wikidata by Dr Sara Thomas, Scotland Programme Coordinator, Wikimedia UK.
How to use QuickStatements with Google Spreadsheets
A video on how to setup a Wikidata plugin on Google Spreadsheets and how it works with QuickStatements.
- Video: Mass edits on Wikidata - how to use Google spreadsheets and Quickstatements to add mass edits to Wikidata
- Wikidata is a free linked database of secondary data that can be read and edited by both humans and machines. Wikidata acts as central storage for the structured data of its Wikimedia sister projects including Wikipedia, Wikivoyage, Wikisource, and others.
A video on Wiki tools for spreadsheets
- Video: Wikipedia tools for spreadsheets
- Andrew Lih does a quick demonstration on how to use Wikipedia Tools for Spreadsheets add on. Captured at Wikimania 2017 Lightning Talks session.
© Ewan McAndrew and Hannah Rothmann, University of Edinburgh, 2020, CC BY-SA 4.0, unless otherwise indicated.