Information Security Essentials
This material covers the information security essentials at The University of Edinburgh.
This online self-enrol Learn course is divided into five modules, each covering a different area of information security at The University of Edinburgh.
The five modules are:
- Protecting information
- Physical and procedural security
- Working remotely and the cloud
- Common threats and how to counter them
- Why research is different
Enrolling on the course
This is an online self-paced course, open to staff and students at the University of Edinburgh. To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Log-in to Learn at www.learn.ed.ac.uk or through MyEd.
- Select Course Catalogue in the top right corner.
- The Search Catalogue options will load. Type“Information security essentials” (no quotes) in the search catalogue section and select Go.
- Expand the options menu next to the zx_info_security Course ID (you’ll need to hover over it to see the menu). Select Enrol.
- The self-enrol overlay will load, providing further course information. Select Submit. An enrolment success screen will load, select OK to access the course.
- The next time you log-in to Learn the course will appear in your Current Courses list. Click on the course name to access it.
If you experience any access issues, please contact the IS Helpline.
To learn more about information security at The University of Edinburgh, visit the Information Security webpages.