How to use LinkedIn Learning
Guidance and tips to help you get the most out of LinkedIn Learning on your desktop and mobile devices.
An Introduction to LinkedIn Learning
In this video, Andy Todd, the University's LinkedIn Learning Service Manager explains in detail how to use LinkedIn Learning for your personal development.
- Video: An Introduction to linkedin learning
- Video showing how to use LinkedIn Learning.
Topics covered include:
- Creating your free account and logging into LinkedIn Learning via MyEd
- Navigating the LinkedIn Learning interface and setting a learning goal
- Searching and filtering the library for particular courses or videos
- Navigating and viewing a course and understanding the playback options
- Downloading and using course exercise files
- Saving videos and creating a custom Collection (playlist)
- Sharing Collections, courses and videos with other users
- Viewing learning history and accessing certificates of completion
- Various other tips and tricks to help you get the best out of LinkedIn Learning
This video is a shortened version of the online/classroom training offered by the University's Digital Skills and Training team for LinkedIn Learning.
Searching for skills, subjects or software
It's likely that you'll want to start exploring LinkedIn Learning by searching the library for skills, courses and videos. You can either search for content using the Browse menu or the search box at the top of the page.
- To browse courses by category (Business, Creative and Technology), click on the Browse button and hover over a category. Within each category, you can search by subject, software or Learning Path. To display more results, use the relevant See All buttons.
- Type your keyword or title into the search box and choose a resource or click on 'See all results for...' to view all related results (with filter options).
Gaining skills with LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning contains so many resources (over 13k courses), it can be quite difficult to know where to start your learning journey. LinkedIn Learning offers anyone the opportunity to gain new skills through their expert-led, anytime training which allows you to learn at your own pace with tools and features to fit a range of learning styles.
In the 'Getting Skills with LinkedIn Learning' course, educator and content manager Aaron Quigley demonstrates how to use LinkedIn Learning alongside cutting-edge, brain-based research to create a learning game plan, execute it, and make the knowledge stick. Understand which skills are in demand, how to find the training to reach your goals, and how to showcase your new skills.
- Finding the right skills to learn
- Making a learning game plan
- Knowing your learning style
- Making learning stick
- Adding certificates to your profile
Teaching with LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is a great all-in-one solution for enhancing all types of education. From soft skills to software, there's a course to add value to any academic program. Best of all, LinkedIn Learning benefits educators as much as students, providing a way to consolidate resources and archive your lessons for future use.
In the 'Teaching with LinkedIn Learning' course, the LinkedIn Learning team shows how to use the tools and features of LinkedIn Learning to meet student learning needs and provide a centralized place for all your learning materials, including custom videos, links, and PDFs. Find out how to integrate digital resources into your classes and curriculum, and then dive into practical use cases for using LinkedIn Learning with students.
LinkedIn Learning on mobile devices
LinkedIn Learning's mobile app allows you to learn on the go by downloading and viewing videos and courses. The app is available on IOS and Android devices.
Downloading the app
You can download the mobile app from your device's app store. For more information downloading the app on your specific device, see the Downloading and Updating LinkedIn Learning Apps page of the LinkedIn Learning website.
Using the app
As mentioned above, the LinkedIn Learning app allows you to download courses and videos to view offline at a time and place convenient to you. Instructions on downloading content using the app can be found on the Downloading and Viewing Learning Videos Offline page of the LinkedIn Learning website.