Account creation and service access
Information on how to create and access your free LinkedIn Learning account.
Creating your LinkedIn Learning account
LinkedIn Learning is available free of charge to all University of Edinburgh staff and students. Your account will be automatically created the first time you log into the service using your University credentials (email, username and password).
During the account creation stage, you will be asked if you would like to connect your personal LinkedIn account with your new LinkedIn Learning account. This is entirely optional and a standard LinkedIn account is not required in order to use LinkedIn Learning. Before deciding whether or not to connect, you can read the advantages and disadvantages of connecting your accounts on our connecting your LinkedIn profile and learning account webpage.
To create your account, visit the main LinkedIn Learning website using the button below and enter your University email address. When prompted, enter your University username (UUN) and password, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Accessing LinkedIn Learning
As well as logging into LinkedIn Learning via the main LinkedIn Learning website (as above), you can access the service through:
- MyEd - Search for the LinkedIn Learning channel
- DiscoverEd - Browse course content within the library catalogue
- People and Money (staff only) - Browse courses (English only) within the Learning app and track learning history within your People and Money account
- LinkedIn - Access courses via the 'Learning' tab of LinkedIn if you have connected your personal LinkedIn account to your learning account
- Content links - View courses and videos using direct links to content
How to use LinkedIn Learning
As a new user of LinkedIn Learning, you may wish to consider viewing our introduction to LinkedIn Learning video tutorial to help you get the most out of LinkedIn Learning. You can view this video and learn useful tips and tricks on our how to use LinkedIn Learning webpage.