Choosing a reference manager
A self-enrol Learn course produced to support the Introduction to Reference Managers classroom course. The course will help you learn more about the different reference managers available and choose the one that is right for you.
The course starts with some reasons why you should use a reference manager. It has learning resources for 4 of the most popular reference managers - Mendeley, Zotero, EndNote and Citavi. At the end there is a section of frequently asked questions.
We have another self-enrol course that may also be of interest: Thesis Hub: Producing your thesis or dissertation in Word.
The content from the Choosing a Reference Manager Learn course is also available as a PDF, which can be downloaded from our Documents Catalogue: Choosing a Reference Manager course resources (University login needed).
Enrolling on the course
This is an online self-paced Learn course. To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Visit www.learn.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the Login with EASE button and enter your EASE credentials.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Click on the Browse Course Catalogue button within the Course Catalogue section.
- In the Search Catalogue search box, type “reference manager” and click Go.
- To enrol, click on the down-pointing arrow next to the course title and choose Enrol.
- Click Submit followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
If you experience any access issues, please contact the IS Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org.