Information Security Essentials
This material covers the information security essentials at The University of Edinburgh.
This online self-enrol Learn course is divided into five modules, each covering a different area of information security at The University of Edinburgh.
The five modules are:
- Protecting information
- Physical and procedural security
- Working remotely and the cloud
- Common threats and how to counter them
- Why research is different
Enrolling on the course
This is an online self-paced Learn course. To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Visit www.learn.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the Login with EASE button and enter your EASE credentials.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Click on the Browse Course Catalogue button within the Course Catalogue section.
- In the Search Catalogue search box, type 'Information Security Essentials' and click Go.
- To enrol, click on the down-pointing arrow next to the course title and choose Enrol.
- Click Submit followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
If you experience any access issues, please contact the IS Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about information security at The University of Edinburgh, visit the Information Security webpages.