Information Services

Replacement cards

Please visit a card help desk to get a replacement card.

Getting a replacement

To get a replacement card, please visit our EdHelp Service Desk in the Main Library or any Card Help Desks. Visitors with yellow cards should email us at-

If your University card expiry date has passed it will not be automatically replaced by Card Services however it will continue to operate as normal until you leave the University. Please simply ask at the EdHelp Service Desk in the Main Library or at any Card Help Desk for a replacement after your expiry date has passed. Please do not visit a library for a replacement unless the expiry date has passed.

If you have money on your Upay account (e.g. for cashless catering) and need a new card please visit the EdHelp Service Desk in the Main Library or any Card Help Desk. They will issue a new card which will automatically override your old card.  By replacing your card all monies on your Upay account at that time will be automatically transferred over to your new card.

There is a £10 charge to replace a lost, stolen or damaged card, which will be added as a fee to your library record when the replacement card is issued.

Card Help Desks

If you are learning at a distance or are studying off-campus and need a new card please contact Card Services via the EdHelp Service by completing an enquiry form.

Cost of replacement cards

In the case of faulty, worn and expired cards, the old card must be produced in order to receive a free replacement.

The £10 fee applies if you are unable to produce your old card at the time of replacement. The £10 fee applies to all card holders; staff, students and visitors.

Faulty cards Free
Fair wear and tear Free
Expired cards Free
Lost, stolen, damaged £10

Changes to your card photograph can only be made where there is a fundamental change in your appearance or where your request is related to an aspect of the Equality Act 2010: Protected Characteristics. 

Protected Characteristics

We only make exceptions to this policy in very limited circumstances. Please submit a query via EdHelp enquiry form or IS Helpline.

Students returning to the University to start a new programme of study

If you have previously been a student at the University, your card will not be renewed automatically. Please visit one of the Card Help Desks to get your card produced.

The photo showing in the Student Personal Details channel in MyEd would be used to create your card. 

Continuing or returning Official Visitors (blue card)

Card Services are only able to print out a new or replacement card for Official Visitors with a valid end-date to their visit.

If it has been updated, then you must visit one of our Card Help Desks to ask for a new or replacement card.

Card Help Desks

Distance learners

If you are a Distance Learning student and need to replace a lost, stolen, damaged or expired card, please contact Card Services through an EdHelp enquiry form.