Information Services

Getting your first staff card

How to apply for both staff and visiting staff cards.

What do I need my card for?

  • It is obligatory to have your card when on University property.
  • The card is required for identification, library access and membership, printing and photocopying at library sites, access to controlled areas and cashless catering.

Applying for a card

  • New staff members can apply for their staff card online (University Login required) via the photo upload channel on MyEd.  

Photo submission guidelines

  • Cards are printed daily and should be sent to your departmental address within five working days of your start date.
  • You may visit a card helpdesk on your start date to collect your card if that is more convenient for you.

Visitor staff cards

  • For Visiting staff, your School or department must register you through the Visitor Registration System (VRS). Visitors cannot use the MyEd photo upload channel.
  • Once registered, they can request the creation of your card.
  • The card will be produced and sent to your School or department. The card cannot be produced before the start of the visit.

Track my photograph submission

  • After photo submission you will receive confirmation to the email address you provided.
  • We check the photograph and let you know if it has been approved or rejected, giving reasons for the latter.
  • If rejected, the Photo Submission channel will be re-enabled for you to upload another photograph.

Already supplied a photograph?

  • If you have previously had a University Card then the photograph upload facility may be disabled for you.
  • If it is fine for us to produce your new card using the photograph that we already hold for you, then please visit a Card Help Desk.

Card Help Desks

  • If you would like to provide a new photograph for your new card, please request this via the IS Helpline.

Receiving your staff card

In advance

Your University Card will be produced and sent out to you after the start date of your post.

After start of post

Your card will normally be sent out to your departmental address within five working days of receipt of the photograph.

Need any help?

Related Links

Replacement cards