Getting your first staff card
How to apply for both staff and visiting staff cards.
Staff card production has resumed after the lockdown due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Our normal process is to send cards to your departmental address if you upload your staff photo via MyEd.
If you upload your staff photo via MyEd, your staff card will go to your departmental address.
If you are currently working at home, DO NOT upload your photo via MyEd, but create an IS Helpline call, including your full address and attach your JPEG image to that. Your staff card will then go to your home address.
What do I need my card for?
- It is obligatory to have your card when on University property.
- The card is required for identification, library access and membership, printing and photocopying at library sites, access to controlled areas and cashless catering.
Applying for a card
- New staff members can apply for their staff card online (University Login required) via the photo upload channel on MyEd.
- If by your start date we have not received a photograph, a card application form will be sent to your departmental address.
- If you have not received this form within two days of taking up your post, then contact the IS Helpline.
Visitor staff cards
- For Visiting staff, your School or department must register you through the Visitor Registration System (VRS). Visitors cannot use the MyEd photo upload channel.
- Once registered, they can request the creation of your card.
- The card will be produced and sent on the start date of your Visit to your School or department. The card cannot be produced before the start of the visit.
Track my photograph submission
- After photo submission you will receive confirmation to the email address you provided.
- We check the photograph and let you know if it has been approved or rejected, giving reasons for the latter.
- If rejected, the Photo Submission channel will be re-enabled for you to upload another photograph.
Already supplied a photograph?
- If you have previously had a University Card then the photograph upload facility may be disabled for you.
- If it is fine for us to produce your new card using the photograph that we already hold for you, then please visit a Card Help Desk.
- If you would like to provide a new photograph for your new card, please request this via the IS Helpline.
Receiving your staff card
Your University Card will be produced and sent out to you on the start date of your post.
After start of post
Your card will normally be sent out to your departmental address within two working days of receipt of the photograph.