Getting your first staff card
How to apply for both staff and visiting staff cards.
What do I need my card for?
- It is obligatory to have your card when on University property.
- The card is required for identification, library access and membership, printing and photocopying at library sites, access to controlled areas and cashless catering.
Applying for a card
- New staff members can apply for their staff card online (University Login required) via the photo upload channel on MyEd. If you are having problems uploading a photo please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached photo. Please supply your staff number or UUN. **Please do not submit an email until 1 week before your start date.**
- Please note that the card cannot be printed until your official start date. Cards are printed regularly and should be sent to your departmental address within five working days of your start date.
- If you have uploaded a photo and have not received your card after 7 working days please email us via email@example.com
We are unable to take photos and produce cards on the spot at a Card Help Desk, so please ensure that you upload a photo via MyEd or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues.
Visitor staff cards
- For Visiting staff, your School or department must register you through the Visitor Registration System (VRS). Visitors cannot use the MyEd photo upload channel.
- Once registered, they can request the creation of your card - your School or department should email email@example.com with an attached photo and Visitor number.
- The card will be produced and sent to your School or department. The card cannot be produced before the start of the visit.
Track my photograph submission
- After photo submission you will receive confirmation to the email address you provided.
- We check the photograph and let you know if it has been approved or rejected, giving reasons for the latter.
- If rejected, the Photo Submission channel will be re-enabled for you to upload another photograph.
Already supplied a photograph?
- If you have previously had a University Card then the photograph upload facility may be disabled for you.
- If it is fine for us to produce your new card using the photograph that we already hold for you, then please visit a Card Help Desk.
- If you would like to provide a new photograph for your new card, please request this via the IS Helpline.