BIOSIS Citation Index (Biological Abstracts)
Overview of BIOSIS Citation Index.
Why use it?
- Biological and medical literature (with approximately 30% journal-coverage overlap with Medline and Embase.
- Good for pre-clinical research in biology and biomedicine, pharmacological studies, reports of new organisms.
- Indexes more than journal articles: includes books, patents and meeting and conference reports.
- Has long and full abstracts.
- Marginally stronger than Medline for psychiatric topics.
- Coverage back to 1969.
Bear in mind ...
- Indexing protocols have been changed from time to time - current headings and descriptors may not retrieve older records on the same subject.