Art and Architecture Library
This is an overview of access facilities at the Art and Architecture Library and how we assist disabled users.
The Art and Architecture Library is situated on the ground floor and in the basement of Minto House, Chambers Street. The main entrance is from Chambers Street to the ground floor of the building. The entrance to the library and the helpdesk are on the ground floor. Stairs link the floors of the library. Disabled parking is available at the rear of the building and access can be obtained via the rear of the building and then by lift to the ground floor. The Maltings entrance (next doorway along Chambers Street in the direction of George IV Bridge) provides external and internal ramp access to the ground floor of Minto House for University of Edinburgh students and staff.
- The helpdesk is at a lowered height for wheelchairs and has an induction loop installed
- Coloured acetates, an a A4 page magnifier and a portable desk lamp are available to borrow
- All library documents are available in alternative formats upon request
- Extended borrowing is available for disabled students and is arranged via the Disability and Learning Support Service
- A book collection service is available and books can be sent to the Main Library if this location is more accessible for you
- Induction tours can also be arranged
- Staff will be happy to assist you in any way, such as finding and collecting books for you
At present there is an accessible toilet external to the library on each floor. Both are left hand side transfer.
- One of the computers has an ergonomic mouse and a wrist support mouse mat
- Computers are located on both floors of the library
- There is no access to assistive software at this time. Students can use the services at the ECA Library or the Main Library
Furniture and study rooms
There are no rooms specifically for disabled students but you may be eligible to use the accessible individual study rooms in the Main Library in George Square. To arrange this students should contact the Disability and Learning Support Service, (details at end of this webpage). There is an electric adjustable height desk and staff will be happy to show you its location.
The Art and Architecture Library website has information on opening hours and the library contact details.
Disability and Inclusive Learning Service
Will provide advice and support for disabled students and students with specific learning difficulties (eg dyslexia).
Request an alternative format
If you would like this document in an alternative format or have any further questions please contact Viki Galt, Head of Disability Information.