Disability Information Officer
The role and contact details for the Disability Information Officer for Information Services.
The Information Services Disability Advisory group was instrumental in creating this role in 2008.
The role of the Disability Information Officer involves:
- Being the named point of contact for disabled students facing challenges or wanting advice regarding anything Information Services offers or provides.
- Looking at Information Service’s policies, practices and procedures to ensure they are as accessible as possible for disabled users.
- Advising, informing and training staff regarding disability awareness and legislation.
- Helping Information Services meet its objectives as stated in the University's Equality and Diversity Strategy and Action Plan.
- Assisting IS staff with Equality Impact Assessments and to review documents and leaflets for accessibility.
- Reviewing physical access and egress of Information Service's premises.
- Testing the accessibility of new software and hardware that Information Services has designed or is in the process of procuring.
Hours and contact details
The Disability Information Officer is Viki Galt.
The working hours for the Disability Information Officer are:
- Monday: 8am to 3.30pm
- Tuesday: 8am to 3.30pm
- Wednesday: 8am to 12pm
- Thursday: 8am to 1pm
- Friday: 8am to 1pm
For individual student adjustments please contact the Student Disability Service.
For individual staff adjustments please contact your line manager or Human Resources.
Information on how staff in Information Services can arrange reasonable adjustments will be available shortly as part of the Human Resources review of the Staff Disability Policy.
Request an alternative format
If you require this document in an alternative format please contact Viki Galt, Disability Information Officer, via the contact details provided above.