Disability Information Officer
The role and contact details for the Disability Information Officer for Information Services.
The Information Services Disability Advisory group was instrumental in creating this role in 2008.
The role of the Disability Information Officer involves:
- Being the named point of contact for disabled students facing challenges or wanting advice regarding anything Information Services offers or provides.
- Looking at Information Service’s policies, practices and procedures to ensure they are as accessible as possible for disabled users.
- Advising, informing and training staff regarding disability awareness and legislation.
- Helping Information Services meet its objectives as stated in the University's Equality and Diversity Strategy and Action Plan.
- Assisting IS staff with Equality Impact Assessments and to review documents and leaflets for accessibility.
- Assisting IS staff with general disability/accessibility advice and guidance and assistance with reasonable adjustments.
- Reviewing physical access and egress of Information Service's premises.
- Testing the accessibility of new software and hardware that Information Services has designed or is in the process of procuring.
Liaising with other key personal across the University to ensure IS premises and services are as accessible as possible for disabled staff, students and members of the general public.
Maintaing a website of infromation and resources.
Helping and advising on the drafting of accessibility statements for applications and websites.
The Disability Information Officer is Viki Galt.
BSL users can contact me via contactSCOTLAND-BSL, the on-line British Sign Language interpreting service. Find out more on the contactSCOTLAND website.
Disability Advice for Students
For individual student adjustments please contact the Student Disability Service.
Disability Advice for Staff
For individual staff adjustments please contact your line manager and/or the central Human Reosurces Disability email address:
A staff Disability Computing Support service is also available
Request an alternative format
If you require this document in an alternative format please contact Viki Galt, Disability Information Officer, via the contact details provided above.