Configure Android for secure WiFi access
The following instructions will enable you to connect your Android device to eduroam, the secure WiFi network.
- Click "Settings" then select "Wireless & Networks" and "WiFi settings".
- If WiFi is not enabled, please enable it.
- Select "eduroam".
- You may now be asked for a password to protect the credential storage on your device. This is a security setting for your device and not your WiFi password. Please enter a memorable password here to continue.
- For "EAP method" select "PEAP".
- For "Phase 2 authentication" select "MSCHAPV2".
- If you are using the Nougat (7) OS on your Android, set "CA Certificate" to "Use system certificates" and "Domain" to "ed.ac.uk".
- Enter your Identity as your username plus @ed.ac.uk, e.g. "email@example.com".
- Some devices may have an "Anonymous identity" field. Leave this blank.
- Enter your WiFi password.
- Touch "Connect".
- Your device should show "Obtaining IP address from eduroam..." then shortly after "Connected to eduroam".
- IMPORTANT: Press "Cancel" to go back to the previous screen. Do NOT press "Forget" or you will need to enter all the configuration information again.
Your device should now connect automatically to the eduroam wireless network whenever it is in range.
Troubleshooting connection issues
If you have any difficulties connecting your Android to eduroam, please try the following in order: