iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
The Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch have a built-in Cisco VPN client.
- Open your "Settings" app and navigate to "General" and then "VPN".
- Tap ont "Add VPN Configuration..."
- Tap on "Type".
- Choose "IPSec" from the options then click on "<" to go back to 'Add Configuration'.
- Set up the next set of fields as follows:
- Description: Enter a name for this configuration, e.g. VPN@Ed
- Server: remote.net.ed.ac.uk
- Account: Enter your UUN.
- Password: "Ask Every Time"
- Certificate: "Off"
- Enter the Secret Zt6337ZnVLhN
- Proxy: "Off"
- Finally, tap 'Done'.
Using the VPN service
- Open your "Settings" app.
- Switch the 'VPN' option to on.
- You username should be filled out already, so enter your VPN password and tap 'OK'.
You should now be connected to the VPN service.