Our Microsoft Campus agreement has the benefit of an Microsoft Imagine (previously known as DreamSpark) premium subscription for all university STEM schools.
Who can use Microsoft Imagine?
Staff & students in STEM schools i.e. all SCE college, MVM college, Nursing & Social Work Disciplines, can download software from the Microsoft Imagine Premium account for free for learning, teaching and research purposes.
Requesting Access to Microsoft Imagine
To request access to Imagine you need to create an external account with a UoE email address as a user name if you don't already have one. You can then send request to have that account added to the university imagine account. The request comes as a message to IS Software Services - once we've check the status we will authorise it and you'll get an email direct from imagine to confirm your account. Once you've confirmed it you can start using the imagine web site.
Creating Microsoft Imagine account
- Use this link to open the University of Edinburgh Microsoft Imagine hub.
- Click on 'Register' at the top right. Activation Account page will appear
- Click on 'request an account' link in phrase"If no account has been created for you, you can request an account"
- Fill in all required fileds then click 'Send'. Please note that only email addresses ending with sms.ed.ac.uk or ed.ac.uk will be accepted.
- Once we approve your eligibility (see below) you will get an email with instructions to confirm your new account.
Processing the request
- Once you have submitted the request - an automatic email is sent to software services to confirm you account. Requests are processed regularly on a Friday before 12pm during termtime. Outwith termtime request should still be processed weekly but check our news wiki for any service announcements.
- If the account has been approved you will get an automated message to your account login from kiuvto.com asking you to confim the account.
- Once you have confirmed the account you can start to use Microsoft Imagine
If you already have a Microsoft Imagine (Dreamspark) account where access has expired please use button below to request a renewal.
Time limited account
The access to our Microsoft Imagine accounts is time limited - usually set to expire at the end of October each year.
Microsoft Imagine links