Scan to Email
Scan an image of a document and automatically email it to yourself.
How to use Scan to email:
- At the MFD swipe your card on the card reader. (If you do not have your ID card with you, press the alternate login button).
- Press the home key.
- Load the documents either in the document feeder or on the document glass.
- Select the E-mail option:
- Check your email address is displayed in the 'To' field:
- Choose the basic options required for your job.
- Output Colour determines if the job will be scanned in Colour or Black & White.
- 2 Sided Scanning identifies if the originals being scanned are 1 Sided or 2 Sided.
- Original Type is used to specify the type of original being scanned.
- Press Start (big green button). The documents are scanned and the images are emailed to your email address.
- Ensure you log out when finished.
- If an email with your scanned documents does not appear in your inbox, please check your junk mail folder.
- Please note there is no charge for this service.
Please be aware that Scan to Email uses the University Email service which like most email services has to limit the size of an email that can be sent, including any attachments. If you are scanning a large number of pages at one time and use the the maximum quality scan settings you may be find that your scanned job fails to send. No notification of this failure can appear on the MFD's display, but a failure-to-send report will be printed out.
- Scan in smaller batches of pages instead of large numbers of pages at once.
- Use the default scan settings which will produce smaller PDF attachments