Cloud-Based File Storage
Details of cloud-based file storage services offered at the University
The University offers a number of cloud-based file storage solutions to help you and your colleagues work collaboratively at the office or remotely from home. Your files and data can be accessed from any device anywhere in the world, either through the web browser on your computer or mobile app on your phone or tablet.
Microsoft OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online
Available to all staff, students and visitors at the University who have Office 365 accounts.
OneDrive for Business is an online file storage platform used by individuals who need a central location to store and access files. It is a private document library that only you have access to, unless you choose to share your files or folders with others within the University. OneDrive is attached to your personal Office 365 account, and if you leave the University, your files will be automatically deleted in line with policy.
- More information on OneDrive at the University can be found here. (Our OneDrive data limit is 1TB per account.)
SharePoint Online is a collaboration tool which allows multiple individuals and teams to work on multiple documents at the same time.
- More information on SharePoint Online at the University can be found here. (Each SharePoint site can store up to 25TB of data.)
- The OneDrive for Business desktop app can be used to sync files and folders from your SharePoint site’s Document Library offline to your computer. (Please note that caution must be taken in this instance, as deleting synced files from your computer also deletes the files from your SharePoint site. More information can be found under the Share and Sync section here.)
A cloud-based file storage service created and hosted by the University for staff and PGR students.
- Full details on accessing and using the service, along with comprehensive FAQs, can be found here.
- Initial data limit of 20GB, configurable up to 500GB, or more when shared with other users' quotas.