How we handle data we gather in this service.
What information is gathered
When you raise a support call, the information you provide is combined with information already held by the University:
- your name
- your university username,
- your matriculation number (if a student) or your staff number
- your email address
To this we add:
- the message you are raising with us
- any other additional information you provide for the the call
The UniDesk service is used by The University, its wholly owned subsidiaries and its affiliates* listed below.
The data gathered is retained for (at least) seven years to be able to fully satisfy our financial reporting responsibilities.
The reason the information is gathered
We use the information to satisfy your request for service, and provide help and support services to you. The information is also used in anonymised aggregated form, to enable The University, its wholly owned subsidiaries and its affiliates listed below* to improve the quality of service we provide in general. We do not use the information for any other purposes.
We collect and use this information under the legal basis: "Legitimate Interest".
This service does not use profiling or automated decision-making processes in relation to you.
The person responsible for this service can be contacted at:
The general University Privacy Statement is continued at: edin.ac/privacy.
The affiliates, and how to contact them are specifically:
- Edinburgh University Students Association (EUSA): email@example.com
- Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BIOSS): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edinburgh University Sports Union (EUSU): Sports.Union@ed.ac.uk
Affiliates only use UniDesk for processing and quantifying requests for service from their own service users.