Skype For Business
Skype For Business is a unified communications platform available to all staff and students that enables instant messaging, audio & video conferencing and online meetings.
The benefits of using Skype For Business
- Immediately see colleagues' availability status.
- Instant message with friends and colleagues across the University.
- Share a whiteboard for brainstorming with your colleagues in real-time.
- Share an application, desktop, or document on-screen in real-time.
- Initiate audio or video chats / conferences with online contacts.
How to access Skype For Business
On University-supported Windows desktops:
Skype For Business on Windows 7 (Uni-managed version)
On personal computers or individual University Macs:
Sign in to your Office 365 account with your username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org and your Uni computer password.
Go to cog wheel icon located at the top-right and select Office 365 Settings > Software
- Click on 'Skype For Business' on the left-hand-side.
- Follow the instructions for installing the software.
User Guides, FAQs and Troubleshooting
Communicating with Skype For Business - a straight-forward guide on the basics of using the service.