What is the SharePoint Solutions Service?
Information on the Features of SharePoint Online at the University
The SharePoint Solutions Service sits in two core business services - Collaboration Tools and Document Management - and is managed by the SharePoint Solutions Team within the Information Services Group at the University.
- At the University, SharePoint Online is a popular option for collaborative working due to its seamless integration with other Office 365 apps such as OneDrive, Teams and Planner.
SharePoint Online is a mobile-friendly technology platform included in the University's Microsoft Office 365 offering. It is used for collaboration through intranet and communication sites, document and records management spaces, and workflow process automation.
The Service has two different components, a Standard Service and a Chargeable Service:
- The Standard Service is free-of-charge to all staff and students at the University, and supports the standard out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint.
- The Chargeable Service includes bespoke project delivery and custom configuration of SharePoint by the Solutions team.
Site Creation - in accordance with Site Policy
Advice & Consultancy (Up to 1 hour free of charge)
Support of out-of-the-box features and functionality (Excludes custom code and configurations)
Basic Training Materials
Site Owner Training
Best Practice Guidance and Templates
SharePoint Online Functionality
- Use of a SharePoint Site or Site Collection through defined governance
- 25 TB of storage (maximum) per site collection
- Automatic backups of your content and site configuration
- Compatability with Office 365 Online
- Ability to share content collaboratively both internally and externally
- Customisable Forms
- Communication tools to publicise events or news
For more information on the features of SharePoint Online, please see our SharePoint Site Types section.
Still not found what you're looking for?
Please contact IS Helpline, ensuring 'SharePoint' is included in the subject line.