Routes to using EventsAIR
On this page you will find information on the routes to using the EventsAir platform and the requirements for each of these routes. This should help you select which route best meets your needs.
What are the routes to using EventsAIR?
There are two possible routes to using EventsAIR for your large-scale event.
These two routes have different requirements and effort levels and should be considered before requesting to use the platform.
Route 1 - Using EventsAIR with your Team
This route means you will use the EventsAIR platform with your team to run your event.
For more information on this see, "Using EventsAIR with your Team" below.
Route 2 - Using EventsAIR with Accommodation, Catering & Events (ACE)
This route means that the University of Edinburgh's Accomodation, Catering and Events team (ACE) will run your event through EventsAIR on your behalf.
For more information on this see, "Using EventsAIR through Accomodation, Catering & Events (ACE)" below.
If you are unsure if EventsAIR is the right platform for your event, try our Event Tool selector to check if the platform meets your needs:
We recommend that you should only requesting to use the EventsAIR with your Team if:
- You need 2 or more of the features that EventsAIR offers that the other online platforms do not (for example, exhibitor stands, University of Edinburgh branding, multiple sessions / webinars in the one event, registration and communication management)
- You have experience running large-scale events at the University of Edinburgh
- Your event is more than 2 months away
- You intend to run events regularly on the EventsAIR platform
- There is no fee for delegates to attend your event
- You have enough staff resource to dedicate time to train on the EventsAIR platform and to set up the event.
Your Commitment and Resources
Successful event delivery on EventsAIR via this route is dependent on a significant resource and time commitment and it’s important these are understood before you decide to proceed.
It recommended that:
- A minimum of 2-3 staff are trained on EventsAIR in order to build the event (creating registration forms, applying branding, configuring the agenda etc.). This requirement may increase for more complex events, or if multiple events are in planning concurrently.
- During an event itself additional staff may be required to support attendees, or to host webinar sessions.
- At least one member of staff is available for each 250 attendees
- At least one member of staff is available to host each concurrent webinar session.
- All event managers using EventsAIR are required to complete 8 hours of self-paced online learning on setting up events.
- A further 4-12 hours of training will be required to comfortably manage a virtual event (meaning each event manager must complete at least 12-20 hours of training to use EventsAIR successfully.)
- Presenters, exhibitors and event support staff will each require 30-60 minutes of training before the event.
While there are no direct costs for using the EventsAIR platform you may wish to invest in supplier-delivered training, or direct support from the vendor for the duration of your events.
Timing of your event
You should try to have at least 3 months before your event is due to take place in order to learn how to use the EventsAIR platform, and organise your event.
If your event is within the next 2 months, but you still need some of the features available through the EventsAIR platform, consider running your event through Accomodation, Catering & Events (ACE) instead.
Register to use EventsAIR
You can use our form to register your interest in using EventsAIR.
You will be asked for the date of your first event and the estimated frequency of your events.
If you are only running a one or two large scale events, we recommend you contact Accommodation, Catering & Events (ACE) to work with you to manage your event through EventsAIR.
The Accomodation, Catering and Events team (ACE) can support staff at the University of Edinburgh with virtual conference and event services. Further information about ACE and an enquiry form is available on their webpages.
This will involve a one off cost (fees start at £7500 per event) and ACE will run your entire event through EventsAir, on your behalf.
Fees start at £7500 per event (costs correct on 15/02/2021).
Note - ACE will be able to advise you on the exact cost for your event.
If you are interested in contacting ACE about using EventsAir and to receive a bespoke quote for your event, please contact ACE by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name
- Your business area (for example, Business School or School of Law)
- That you are interested in working with ACE to use EventsAIR for a large-scale event
- How many events you want to run on EventsAIR
- When your event (or events) are due to take place