Using the service
You can access the Wiki by browsing to www.wiki.ed.ac.uk or by clicking the button below.
- Any member of the University – staff, students and ‘staff like’ visitors may own any number of Wikis in the University space.
- Usage is intended for academic and administrative purposes.
- The owner has control and responsibility for the use of the Wiki, ie content moderation, authorisation of users, etc.
- Collaborators/users from outside the University may be given write access to the wiki by the owner or delegated administrator.
- There is no enforced size limit for a single Wiki space. Individual attachments, however, cannot exceed 30MB.
Requesting a Wiki space
If you would like to request a wiki space, then all you need to do is fill out the wiki request form using the link below.
This form will be dealt with by the IS Helpline, who will set up your wiki space and notify you when it is ready. This will normally be done within a single working day.
The wiki service is available to support academic or administrative activity within the University.
Any student may apply for a wiki space to support their work in these areas, but we do ask that students supply details of a member of staff who will support their application.