The Website Development Service offers a high quality service for staff and students within the University as well as external clients.
Our team has been building Drupal websites since 2011 and we are gaining new ideas and skills to enhance the service we provide to the University. In that time we have built up considerable knowledge and expertise, not just on the technical aspects, but also in the very important area of gathering user requirements.
What our service can provide
- Website development
- Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 builds
- One page sites
- Parallax scrolling
- Interactive forms
- Image galleries and slideshows
- Faceted/interactive search
- Secure document upload/download
- Discussion forum or blog
- Newsletter publishing
- Person profiles/biographies
- Tools to manage your content
- A one stop start to finish service
- External integration
- University of Edinburgh systems (e.g. Events Booking, PURE, IS Service Catalogue)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Storyfy, Padlet etc.)
- Media Hopper, Vimeo and YouTube videos
- Unique web address and hosting
- Advice on branding and web design
- Drupal training
This service operates from 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
Who can use our service
- Support staff
- Student societies
- Affiliated organisations
- External clients (unaffiliated to the University)
Charges for web design and development are determined on a project by project basis.
Our typical charges are:
- £350/day for internal and affiliated organisations
- £700/day for external clients
Contact us for more information
If you want to discuss your web development project with us, please send us an enquiry.
Service Enquiry Form