Conferences and Events
Learning Spaces Technology Conference and Events Service
We offer pre-event consultation and limited Audio Visual / IT Technical support and training for events and conferences being held in two types of space:
- Centrally Supported Teaching Spaces
- Events Space - McEwan Hall and Playfair Library only
- Pre-event consultation and bespoke planning advice, this will involve a discussion of your AV/IT technical requirements.
- We are able to provide pre-arranged technical support at the beginning of your event.
- AV/IT training prior to a conference or event where an organiser is providing their own support staff or external contractors.
- Set-up, preparation and/or dismantling of AV/IT equipment.
- Service Desk for emergency assistance.
All services are subject to staff and equipment availability.
We do not support:
- Wi-Fi account creation or assistance, for further information please see Wifi access for guests
- Wired network account creation or assistance
- Live Streaming (unless using Media Hopper Replay)
- Hybrid Online & Digital Events please see this page for further information
- Events taking place in Non-Teaching spaces (unless the venue is the Playfair Library or McEwan Hall, where any service requests will be subject to staff and equipment availability).
Our support is available 08:30 – 17:45 Monday to Friday during term time. 08:30 – 16:30 outside of term time. For current Semester dates, please see here.
Out of hours technical support can be requested and is available subject to staff and equipment availability.
Please note, our technical support is also subject to charge - see below labour costs as a guide.
It is important that we establish the details of the technical requirements prior to providing any support. This will have an effect on the duration, cost and quality of your event.
For AV/IT support please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, for external conferences please contact The University of Edinburgh Hospitality and Events Collection.
We do require bookings in advance as follows:
- Weekdays - minimum of 7 days’ notice
- Weekends - minimum of 1 month notice
Event & Conference requests are subject to charges as follows:
- Academic related
Any additional AV or IT equipment required outside of what is permanently installed in the venue(s) will be charged appropriately.
Below are our latest charges for Centrally Supported Teaching Spaces. Events Space (McEwan Hall and Playfair) are subject to individual charged items and will be quoted for upon request.
Half day: up to 4 hours
Full day: over 4 hours
|Dual Projection||Capacity over 100||Capacity 25-100||Capacity under 25|
|Core||no charge||no charge||no charge||no charge|
Full Day - £320
Half Day - £224
Full Day - £240
Half Day - 168
Full Day - £160
Half Day - £88
Full Day - £80
Half Day - £48
Full Day - £400
Half Day - £280
Full Day - £300
Half Day - £210
Full Day - £200
Half Day - £110
Full Day - £100
Half Day - £60
|Service Hours||Out of Hours|
|Core||no charge||£30 per hour - minimum 2hrs|
|Academic Related||no charge||£30 per hour - minimum 2hrs|
|Commercial||£30 per hour - minimum 4hrs||£30 per hour - minimum 4hrs|
If you encounter any issues during your event and require emergency technical assistance, please ring our Service Desk on 0131 650 4097
We will endeavour to resolve any issues remotely in the first instance, followed by a technician despatched to you if required subject to availability.
Any non-critical AV and IT faults can be reported to email@example.com
The University of Edinburgh Hospitality and Events Collection