Troubleshooting Tips for Firefox on Windows
Following are a few Troubleshooting Tips for some common issues with using Firefox Browser on Windows
If you have experienced any of these, please try the following steps:
Issue 1: Firefox icon has disappeared from toolbar / desktop / taskbar
Please search for the newly-updated Firefox in your Start menu or search bar and drag its icon as a shortcut back into place.
Issue 2: Error message when opening a link from email etc (no default browser)
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs.
- Choose 'Set Default Programs', highlight your choice of browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome) and set it as the default.
Issue 3: Firefox does not open PDF files.
- In Firefox, click the three-lined menu option at the top right and choose 'Settings'.
- Scroll down to 'Applications' and click on 'Portable Document Format'
- To the right, select how you want PDFs to open and close the 'Settings' tab.