Firefox 68 - Issues after update on Windows
Issues have arisen for some users after the recent Firefox 68 update on Windows.
If you have experienced any of these, please try the following steps:
Issue 1: Firefox icon has disappeared from toolbar / desktop / taskbar
Please search for the newly-updated Firefox in your Start menu or search bar and drag its icon as a shortcut back into place.
Issue 2: Error message when opening a link from email etc (no default browser)
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs.
- Choose 'Set Default Programs', highlight your choice of browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome) and set it as the default.
Issue 3: Firefox does not open PDF files.
- In Firefox, click the three-lined menu option at the top right and choose 'Options'.
- Scroll down to 'Applications' and click on 'Portable Document Format'
- To the right, select how you want PDFs to open and close the 'Options' tab.
Issue 4: Warning message for JNLP files - only for eFinancials and Oracle HR users
- When using eFinancials and Oracle HR, a warning message is displayed before opening any Java forms.
- Click 'OK' on the warning message box which says 'Are you sure you want to launch "frmservlet-1.jnlp"?'
Issue 5: Issues with Unidesk
- Cannot type lowercase letter x
- The dropdown for changing Operator Group /Operator (when re-assigning a call) doesn’t work.
- Both the above issues can be fixed by changing the settings at 'about:config' on your Firefox as follows :
- Type "about:config" on your firefox address bar and click on 'I accept the risk!'
- Search for "keypress". You will find a number of settings, including this one: "dom.keyboardevent.keypress.hack.use_legacy_keycode_and_charcode"
- It has a list of domains which has this "hack" turned on. You can edit the list to add "*.unidesk.ac.uk," at the front of the list (Note the comma after the domain name)