Research the impact of lecture recording
Every year at the University staff with learning, teaching or student support roles are welcome to apply for funding for a pedagogical research project via the Principal’s Teaching Award Scheme (PTAS).
We are delighted to announce additional funding for projects related to the University’s introduction of lecture recording.
Relevant topics might include, but are not limited to:
- How exactly do students make use of recorded lectures? for example catching up, reviewing, accessing lectures from outside their immediate subject area
- What is the impact on their learning? including academic skills such as notetaking and discussion
- What is the impact on teaching? for example new pedagogies supported by lecture recording
- Student satisfaction with lecture recording
- Recruitment of under-represented groups
- Supporting particular student groups, for example different disciplines, geographical locations, personal circumstances
- Use of analytics to support learning
- Impact on the use of other technologies, for example Top Hat
- What’s happening in other institutions?
- Impact on student mental health, for example relieving anxiety
- Using recorded lectures in teacher development and accreditation