UX Service celebrates 1 year of achievements
The pilot User Experience Service, funded by the Digital Transformation Initiative, has been operational for a year now.
We’ve helped a wide range of business areas better understand their customers, supporting improvements to websites and apps as well as informing the early stage planning of new services.
Our work is centred around the user. While this mostly involves digital experiences, we work wherever they are engaging with the University: at home and abroad, in the Edinburgh digital estate and beyond, in the digital space and in-person interactions.
Over the past year, we’ve:
- researched and developed a Human Centred Design Process for the University
- proposed Student Digital Experience Standards and EdGEL operating model
- undertaken UX consultancy pilot activities supporting a range of projects and services
- developed and delivered UX training
- established a cycle of community events
- set up a promotional website.
Want to become more user-centred?
If you’re interested in working with your audiences to develop better services, get in touch.
(Ed. this article was originally published on 20 Aug, 2018)