There are a large number of student societies available throughout the University.
Edinburgh University Students’ Association (EUSA) provide support to hundreds of student societies and can even help you set up your own.
Edinburgh Hoppers (the Hoppers), our student-run women and gender minorities in technology group, has been going strong since September 2005. They organise a variety of events such as workshops, tech talks and socials, often in collaboration with various companies. Hoppers create a community for women in Informatics. The group is named after computer science pioneer Grace Hopper.
- Edinburgh University Artificial Intelligence and Computer Society
- Beneficial AI
- A society dedicated to Artificial Intelligence that positively impacts humankind
- Computer Game Society (GameSoc)
- A society dedicated to video gaming
- Embedded and Robotics Society.
- Provides events, workshops and tech talks to students interested in Machine Learning.
- A society dedicated to developing rocket and space technology
- EUFS (Edinburgh University Formula Student)
- A society dedicated to constructing an F1-style race car
- Student society dedicated to accelerating the development of Hyperloop and implementing the technology in the UK
- A group for students interested in Cyber Security