There are a number of opportunities for prospective undergraduate students to visit the School of Informatics throughout the year.
Please note: Due to government advice relating to COVID-19, on-campus visits (for tours etc.) are currently not possible. Thank you for your understanding.
Should you wish to come to the university and speak to staff and students before you apply, you can do so by attending one of our pre-application visit days.
The University holds three pre-application Open Days a year, usually held in June and September. For more information about the University of Edinburgh's Open Days please see:
Offer Holder Events
Once you have applied and received an offer you can attend one of our Virtual Offer Holder events. Email invites to the Offer Holder events will be sent from Spring 2021.
You can view some of our facilities in our virtual tours:
- Appleton Tower re-opened in August 2017 after extensive renovation.
- Appleton Tower in Pictures
- Image gallery including pictures of all main areas of Appleton Tower.
- Virtual tour of the Informatics Forum
- The Informatics Forum is used for postgraduate research only.
- Virtual tour of Appleton Tower
- In pictures.