Online learning is a way of studying for an internationally recognised University of Edinburgh postgraduate qualification without needing to visit the campus.
The following Informatics related online courses are available:
MSc, PgCert, PgProfDev in Data Science, Technology & Innovation
Demand is growing for high value data specialists across the sciences, medicine, arts and humanities. The aim of this unique, modular, online distance learning programme is to enhance existing career paths with an additional dimension in data science.
Data Science, Technology & Innovation website
Enrol in one of our free Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), which are short, online programmes that are open to everyone.
A MOOC is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as videos, readings, and problem sets, MOOCs provide interactive user forums that help build a community for students, professors, and teaching assistants.
Informatics MOOCS currently running:
- Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming
- Code Yourself! Spanish language version - ¡A Programar! Una introducción a la programación
- Artificial Intelligence Planning
- Philosophy and the Sciences
Online learning at the University of Edinburgh
Find out about the latest online courses across the University:
- University of Edinburgh Online Learning
- Moodle - Virtual Learning Environment
- Vue - Virtual University of Edinburgh