Bayes Centre set for key role in City Region Deal
Proposals are being finalised for the Bayes Centre’s involvement in the City Region Deal for Edinburgh and South East Scotland.
The Centre could receive capital funding up to £45m to drive advances across a number of industry sectors through data innovation projects.
The development of the Bayes Data Science and Technology centre will catalyse Edinburgh’s ambition be at the forefront of Data-Driven Innovation, establishing the region as the data capital of Europe – attracting investment, fuelling entrepreneurship and delivering growth.
Subject to final agreement, the Bayes Centre will contribute to the City Region Deal alongside other parts of the University of Edinburgh including the Usher Institute, Easter Bush Campus, Edinburgh Futures Institute, and Robotarium – a joint venture with Heriot-Watt, which will be housed within the Bayes Centre.
To mark the launch of DDI Programme, a series of events is planned in April and May which will offer an opportunity to find out more about the Programme and the opportunities for staff. Events will take place on the dates below (registration details to follow):
- King’s Buildings, Joseph Black Building, Wed 25 April, 12.00
- Central, Teviot Lecture Theatre, Thurs 26 April, 13.00
- Easter Bush, Lecture Theatre 2, Vet School, Wed 9 May, 12.00
- Western General, IGMM Lecture Theatre, Wed 9 May, 15.00
- Little France, Wellcome Auditorium, QMRI, Thurs 10 May, 10.30