Alumni return for careers panel
Students interested in a career in software engineering can hear from graduates working locally in industry, 6-7pm Monday 3 April.
The panel question and answer session featuring alumni software engineers is the latest in the School’s series of Women in Computing events organised by Informatics’ Equality and Diversity Committee in association with Edinburgh Hoppers. This event is also supported by the University of Edinburgh Careers Service and the Development and Alumni Office.
The panel will include:
- Agnieszka Bomersbach, BSc then MSc 2014, now Senior Software Engineer at Skyscanner
- Alice Elder, BSc 2011 now Software developer/development team leader, Clyde & Co
- Ljiljana Spadavecchia, PhD 2005, now Senior Software Engineer at GE
- Maria Rovatsou, MSc 2010, now a Software Engineer at Amazon.com
- Verena Beckham, MSc 2005, now Senior Principal Software Engineer, Compilers, Codeplay Software Ltd
Equality and Diversity Co-ordinator Dr Kami Vaniea says,
“Students told us they wanted to hear from women like them who were working as software engineers, so we reached out to locally-based graduates in our Edinburgh Informatics Alumni group. It’s great to know that diversity in IT is something that our graduates in local companies are keen to support.
“The focus of the event will be on what it is like to work in industry and questions from the audience. Any student or member of staff who supports Women in Tech is very welcome to come along.”
The event is free but the audience is asked, please, to register in advance.