Postgraduate students of statistics and machine learning from across the UK are meeting in Edinburgh, 30-31 August 2016.
Participants are learning about each other's research, building connections, and discussing training and research across different EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs).
The workshop has been organised by Dr Charles Sutton and postgraduate Sorcha Gilroy, from our EPSRC CDT in Data Science, in association with:
- EPSRC Statistics and Operational Research CDT in Partnership with Industry (Lancaster)
- EPSRC CDT in Autonomous, Intelligent Machines and Systems (AIMS) (Oxford)
- EPSRC & MRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generational Statistical Science: the Oxford-Warwick Statistical Programme (Oxford)
- EPSRC CDT in Cloud Computing for Big Data (Newcastle)
The event is sponsored by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
The programme includes 3 minute lightning talks by students, a hackathon and tutorials on Encoding-decoding with LSTM in Theano, and Spectral clustering.
The workshop is collocated with two related events:
- 31 August: Symposium on Communicating Machine Learning, sponsored by the Alan Turing Institute, organised by Dr Guido Sanguinetti and Dr Sutton
- 31 August-1 September: EPSRC Workshop on Computational Statistics and Machine Learning. Theme: Data Science: pulling together Computational Statistics and Machine Learning?
CDT in Data Science
Alan Turing Institute
Symposium on Communicating Machine Learning
EPSRC Workshop on Computational Statistics and Machine Learning