Big Edinburgh data: California Bay Area meetup
Tech-centric Informatics alumni are warmly invited to a networking event, 14 March 2016.
The event will take place 5.30-8.30pm at the Stanford Faculty Club, 439 Lagunita Drive, Stanford, CA 94305
- 5.30pm: Arrival and refreshments available
- 6.15pm: Presentations
- 7pm: Q&A and sharing experience
- 7.30pm: Networking and refreshments
Three short talks will illustrate how data is transforming our university, across the Schools of Science and Engineering, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dr Ram Ramamoorthy (robotics and machine learning)
- Professor James Loxley (text-mining Edinburgh’s literary heritage)
- Professor Jon Oberlander (from medical informatics to data technology).
Professor Oberlander says:
“We will highlight the recent extraordinary growth in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Edinburgh anchored by Informatics - and give a heads-up on the University’s plans for Data Technology and for the Digital Arts. Then it’s over to alumni and friends to share experiences of new modes of industry-university engagement - and to meet old friends, and make new ones.”
How do I register?
Book through Eventbrite